Condensed matter theory (correlated electron systems)
Contact No: 7800433024
Quasiparticle excitations and interferences
Ordering phenomena including higher-order multipole ordering such as orbital order
Other low-energy collective excitations such as spin-wave excitations
Finite temperature spectral and transport properties of ordered and disordered systems.
Description of Research Interests
We are interested in ordering phenomena and low-energy collective excitations in condensed matter with particular interest in superconductivity and magnetism exhibited by strongly correlated systems. Our current focus is on material systems such as iron-based superconductors and high-Tc cuprates.
- 2005, B.Sc. with major in physics, Indira Gandhi National Open University, New Delhi, India
- 2008, M.Sc. in Physics, Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur, India
- 2012, Ph. D. in Theoretical Physics, Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur, India
- July 2012 – June 2014, Post-Doctoral Fellow, Asia Pacific Center for Theoretical Physics, South Korea
- July 2014 – April 2015 Post-Doctoral Fellow, Hanyang University, South Korea
- May 2015– April 2018, Post-Doctoral Fellow, Harish-Chandra Research Institute, Allahabad, India
- June 2018– July 2019, Post-Doctoral Fellow, Pohang University of Science and Technology, South Korea
- July 2019– till date, Assistant professor, Thapar Institute of Engineering and Technology, India
- Seed Money in 2020 (3.60 Lakhs), TIET Patiala
- Start-up Research Grant in 2020 (16.4 Lakhs), DST-SERB
Publications and other Research Outputs (SCI)
- Dheeraj Kumar Singh and Yunkyu Bang-“Effect of strain-induced orbital splitting on the magnetic excitations in undoped cuprates”, Phys. Rev. B, 103 035122 (2021).
- Dheeraj Kumar Singh and Yunkyu Bang-“Doping-induced disorder and conductivity anisotropy in the spin density wave state of iron pnictides”, Phys. Rev. B, 101 155101 (2020).
- Dheeraj Kumar Singh, Ara Go, Han-Yong Choi and Yunkyu Bang-“The stability of hole-doped antiferromagnetic state in a two-orbital model”, New J. Phys, 22 063048 (2020).
- Dheeraj Kumar Singh, Alireza Akbari, and Pinaki Majumdar-“Quasi-one Dimensional Nanostructures as Signature of Nematicity in Iron Pnictides and Chalcogenides”, Phys. Rev. B Rapid communication, 98 180506 (2018).
- Dheeraj Kumar Singh and Pinaki Majumdar,-“Conductivity anisotropy in the doped iron pnictides: a consequence of the interplay between orbital-weight redistribution and Fermi-surface reconstruction”, Phys. Rev. B, 98 195130 (2018).
- Dheeraj Kumar Singh,-“Quasiparticle interferences in the coexistence phase of iron pnictides based on a five-orbital model”, Journal of Physics and Chemistry of Solids, 112 246 (2018).
- Dheeraj Kumar Singh and Pinaki Majumdar,-“Highly anisotropic quasiparticle interference pattern in the spin-density wave state of the iron pnictide”, Phys. Rev. B, 96 235111 (2017).
- Dheeraj Kumar Singh,-“Spin-wave excitations in the SDW state of iron pnictides: a comparison between the roles of interaction parameters”, Journal of Applied Physics, 122 073906 (2017).
- Dheeraj Kumar Singh,-“Two-orbital model for CeB6” Europhys. Lett., 118 47003 (2017).
- Dheeraj Kumar Singh ,-“Spin-wave excitations in the SDW state of doped iron pnictides”, J. Phys.: Condens. Matter, 29 415601 (2017).
- Dheeraj Kumar Singh,-“Role of unequal and anisotropic gap in the robustness of determining sign-changing s-wave superconductivity using quasiparticle interference”, Physics Letters A, 381 2761 (2017).
- Dheeraj Kumar Singh and Tetsuya Takimoto,-“Charge Order Induced in an Orbital Density-Wave State”, J. Phys. Soc. Jpn., 85 044703 (2016).
- Dheeraj Kumar Singh,-“Orbital-lattice coupling and orbital-ordering instability in iron pnictides”, Europhys. Lett., 112 27004 (2015).
- Dheeraj Kumar Singh, Ki Hoon Lee, and Tetsuya Takimoto ,-“On the origin of CE-type orbital fluctuations in the ferromagnetic metallic bilayer La1.2Sr1.8Mn2O7”, J. Phys. Soc. Jpn., 84 064709 (2015).
- Dheeraj Kumar Singh,-“Orbital ordering transition in the single-layer manganites near half doping: a weak-coupling approach”, Eur. Phys. J. B, 88 101 (2015).
- Dheeraj Kumar Singh and Avinash Singh,-“Magnon self-energy in the correlated ferromagnetic Kondo lattice model: Spin- charge coupling effects on magnon excitations in manganites”, Phys. Rev. B, 88 144410 (2013).
- Avinash Singh and Dheeraj Kumar Singh ,-“Onset and melting of local orbital order”, J. Phys.: Condens. Matter, 24 086003 (2012).
- Dheeraj Kumar Singh, Bhaskar Kamble, and Avinash Singh,-“Spin-charge and spin-orbital coupling effects on spin dynamics in ferromagnetic manganites”, J. Phys.: Condens. Matter, 22 396001(2010).
- Dheeraj Kumar Singh, Bhaskar Kamble, and Avinash Singh,-“Orbital fluctuations, spin-orbital coupling, and anomalous magnon softening in an orbitally degenerate ferromagnet”, Phys. Rev. B, 81 064430 (2010).
- Sudhakar Pandey, Subrat Das, Bhaskar Kamble, Saptarshi Ghosh, Dheeraj Singh, Rajyavardhan Ray, and Avinash Singh,-“Fermionic representation for the ferromagnetic Kondo lattice model: Diagrammatic study of spin-charge coupling effects on magnon excitations”, Phys. Rev. B, 77 134447 (2008).