Electron microscopy, Materials Science, Condensed Matter Physics
Contact No.: 9482413527
Microstructure-property correlations, Phase transformation in metals and alloys, mechanical behaviour of Materials, Non-equilibrium processing of materials, bulk alloys, thin films, nanostructural materials.
Professional Working Experience
- 2017-2019 Assistant Professor, Department of Applied Science, BML Munjal University, Gurgaon, Haryana.
- 2015-2017 Researcher/Research Associate, Department of Materials Engineering, Indian Institute of Science Bangalore, Karnataka.
- 2014-2015 Senior Project Officer/Postdoc, Department of Metallurgical and Materials Engineering, Indian Institute of Technology Madras, Chennai, Tamilnadu.
- 2012-2014 Postdoctoral Research Fellow, Ames Laboratory, Ames City, Iowa State, USA
- 2011-2012 Project Associate, Department of Materials Engineering, Indian Institute of Science Bangalore, Karnataka.
- 2005-2012 Ph.D. from Department of Materials Engineering, Department of Materials Engineering, Indian Institute of Science Bangalore, Karnataka.
- 2002-2004 M. Tech. in Materials Science, Department of Physics, Barkatullah University Bhopal (Formally known as Bhopal University.
- 1997-2000 B.Sc., Govt. Post Graduate College Bilaspur, Himachal Pradesh University Shimla
Membership of Professional Societies
- Life membership of Electron Microscope Society of India
Awards and Honours
- Department of Science and Technology (DST) international travel grant recipient to attend the conference at Dresden, Germany Year 2008.
- Chandra Sekhar Tiwary, Manas Paliwal, Sanjay Kashyap, Praful Pandey, Suman Sarkar, Ipshita Kundu, Shakti Bhaskar, In-Ho Jung, K Chattopadhyay, Dipankar Banerjee, “Microstructures and mechanical properties of ternary Ti–Si–Sn alloys” Materials Science and Engineering: A, 770 (2019), Pages: 138472.
- Prafull Pandey, Sanjay Kashyap, Dhanalakshmi Palanisamy, Amit Sharma, Kamanio Chattopadhyay, “On the high temperature coarsening kinetics of γ′ precipitates in a high strength Co37. 6Ni35. 4Al9. 9Mo4. 9Cr5. 9Ta2. 8Ti3. 5 fcc-based high entropy alloy” Acta Materialia, 177 (2019), 82-95.
- Suresh Bandi, Vikram Hastak, Chokkakula LP Pavithra, Sanjay Kashyap, Dhananjay Kumar Singh, Suaib Luqman, Dilip R Peshwe, Ajeet K Srivastav, “Graphene/chitosan-functionalized iron oxide nanoparticles for biomedical applications” Journal of Materials Research, 34 (2019), issue 20, pages: 3389-3399.
- Vikram Hastak, Suresh Bandi, Sanjay Kashyap, Shilpi Singh, Suaib Luqman, Mangesh Lodhe, DR Peshwe, Ajeet K Srivastav “Antioxidant efficacy of chitosan/graphene functionalized superparamagnetic iron oxide nanoparticles” Journal of Materials Science: Materials in Medicine, 29 (2018), pages 8.
- Saurabh Dixit, Sanjay Kashyap, Satish V Kailas, K Chattopadhyay “Manufacturing of high strength aluminium composites reinforced with nano tungsten particles for electrical application and investigation on in-situ reaction during processing”, Journal of Alloys and Compounds, 767(2018), 1072-1082.
- S. Mondol, S. Kashyap, S. Kumar, K Chattopadhyay “Improvement of high temperature strength of 2219 alloy by Sc and Zr addition through a novel three-stage heat treatment route”, Materials Science and Engineering: A, 732 (2018), 157-166.
- Atasi Dan, Arup Biswas, Piyali Sarkar, Sanjay Kashyap, Kamanio Chattopadhyay, Harish C Barshilia, Bikramjit Basu “Enhancing spectrally selective response of W/WAlN/WAlON/Al2O3–Based nanostructured multilayer absorber coating through graded optical constants”, Solar Energy Materials and Solar Cells, 176 (2018), 157-166.
- Varun A. Baheti, Sanjay Kashyap, Praveen Kumar, Kamanio Chattopadhyay, Aloke Paul “Solid–state diffusion–controlled growth of the phases in the Au–Sn system”, Philosophical Magazine, 98 (2018), 20-36.
- Varun A Baheti, Sanjay Kashyap, Praveen Kumar, Kamanio Chattopadhyay, Aloke Paul “Solid–state diffusion–controlled growth of the intermediate phases from room temperature to an elevated temperature in the Cu–Sn and the Ni–Sn systems”, Journal of Alloys and Compounds, 727 (2017), 832-840.P. Pandey, S. Kashyap, C. S. Tiwary, K.
- Chattopadhyay “Development of high-strength high-temperature cast Al-Ni-Cr alloys through evolution of a novel composite eutectic structure”, Metallurgical and Materials Transactions A, 48 (2017), 5940-5950.
- Praveen Sathiyamoorthi, Joysurya Basu, Sanjay Kashyap, KG Pradeep, Ravi Sankar Kottada, “Thermal stability and grain boundary strengthening in ultrafine-grained CoCrFeNi high entropy alloy composite”, Materials & Design, 134 (2017), 426-433.
- Varun A. Baheti, Sanjay Kashyap, Praveen Kumar, Kamanio Chattopadhyay, Aloke Paul “Effect of Ni on growth kinetics, microstructural evolution and crystal structure in the Cu(Ni)–Sn system”, Philosophical Magazine, 97 (2017), 1782-1802.
- N. S. Karthiselva, Sanjay Kashyap, Devinder Yadav, B. S. Murty, Srinivasa R. Bakshi “Densification mechanism during reactive spark plasma sintering of Titanium diboride and Zirconium diboride”, Philosophical Magazine, 97 (2017), 1588-1609.
- Karthik Akkiraju, Sanjay Kashyap, Neeraj Chawake, Ajeet Srivastava, Lukas Bichler, B. S. Murty “Novel coalescence-driven grain-growth mechanism during annealing/spark plasma sintering of NiO nanocrystals”, Journal of the European Ceramic Society, 37 (2017), 4973-4977.
- Zixing Wang, Vidya Kochat, Prafull Pandey, Sanjay Kashyap, Soham Chattopadhyay, Atanu Samanta, Suman Sarkar, Praveena Manimunda, Xiang Zhang, Syed Asif, Abhisek K. Singh, Kamanio Chattopadhyay, Chandra Sekhar Tiwary, Pulickel M. Ajayan “Metal immiscibility route to synthesis of ultra-thin carbides, borides and nitrides”, Advanced Materials, 29 (2017), 1700364.
- Varun A. Baheti, Sanjay Kashyap, Praveen Kumar, Kamanio Chattopadhyay, Aloke Paul “Bifurcation of the Kirkendall marker plane and the role of Ni and other impurities on the growth of Kirkendall voids in the Cu–Sn system”, Acta Materialia, 131 (2017), 260-270.
- Niraj Chawake, Rama Srinivas Varanasi, B. Jaswanth, Linford Pinto, Sanjay Kashyap, N.T.B.N. Koundinya, Ajeet K. Srivastav, Anshul Jain, M. Sundararaman, Ravi Sankar Kottada “Evolution of morphology and texture during high energy ball milling of Ni and Ni-5 wt%Cu powders”, Materials Characterization, 120 (2016), 90-96.
- Niraj Chawake, N.T.B.N. Koundinya, Sanjay Kashyap, Ajeet K. Srivastav, Devinder Yadav, R. A. Mondal, Ravi Sankar Kottada “Formation of amorphous alumina during sintering of nanocrystalline B2 aluminides” Materials Characterization, 119 (2016), 186-194.
- Ajeet K. Srivastav, Joysurya Basu, Sanjay Kashyap, Niraj Chawake, Devinder Yadav and B. S. Murty “Crystallographic-shear-phase-driven W18O49 nanowires growth on nanocrystalline W surfaces”, Scripta Materialia, 115 (2016), 28-32.
- S. Praveen, Joysurya Basu, Sanjay Kashyap and Ravi Sankar Kottada “Exceptional resistance to grain growth in a nanocrystalline CoCrFeNi high entropy alloy at high homologous temperatures”, Journal of Alloy and Compounds, 662 (2016), 361-367.
- C. S. Tiwary, Rajeev J. Mudakavi, Sharan Kishore, Sanjay Kashyap, Rajasegaran Elumalai, Dipshikha Chakravortty, Ashok M. Raichur and K. Chattopadhyay “Magnetic iron nanoparticles for in vivo targeted delivery and as biocompatible contrast agents”, RSC Adv. Mater., 6 (2016), 114344-114352. (Impact factor: 2.936)
- C. S. Tiwary, S. Kashyap and K. Chattopadhyay “Al-based ultra-fine eutectic with high room temperature plasticity and elevated temperature strength”, Materials Science and Engineering A, 639 (2015), 359-369.
- Mayur Vaidya, Senthil Armugam, Sanjay Kashyap and B. S.Murty, “Amorphization in equiatomic high entropy alloys”, Journal of Non-Crystalline Solids, 413 (2015), 8-14.
- Emre Firlar, Simge Cinar, Sanjay Kashyap, Mufit Akinc and Tanya Prozorov “Direct visualization of hydration layer on alumina nanoparticles with the fluid cell STEM in-situ”, Nature Scientific Reports, 5 (2015), article number 9830.
- Taylor J. Woehl, Sanjay Kashyap, Emre Firlar, Teresa Perez-Gonzalez, Damien Faivre, Denis Trubitsyn, Dennis A. Bazylinski and Tanya Prozorov “Correlative electron and fluorescence microscopy of live magnetotactic bacteria in liquid: Toward in-vivo imaging”, Nature Scientific Reports, 4 (2015), article number 6854.
- C. S. Tiwary, S. Kashyap and K. Chattopadhyay “Development of alloys with high strength at elevated temperatures through tuning of bimodal microstructure in Al-Cu-Ni eutectic system”, Scripta Materialia, 93 (2014), 20-23.
- Sanjay Kashyap, Taylor J. Woehl, Xunpei Liu, Surya K. Mallapragada and Tanya Prozorov “Nucleation of iron oxide nanoparticles mediated by Mms6 protein”, ACS Nano, 8 (2014), 9097-9106. (Impact factor: 13.709).
- Sanjay Kashyap, Taylor Woehl, Carmen Valverde-Tercedor, Miguel Sánchez-Quesada, Concepción Jiménez López and Tanya Prozorov “Visualization of Iron-Binding Micelles in Acidic Recombinant Biomineralization Protein MamC”, Journal of Nanomaterials, 2014 (2014), Article 320124.
- S. Kashyap, C.S. Tiwary, K. Chattopadhyay “Microstructural and mechanical behavior of suction cast Nb-Si binary alloy”, Materials Science and Engineering A, 583 (2013), 188-198.
- C. S. Tiwary, S. Kashyap, K. Biswas and K. Chattopadhyay “Synthesis of pure iron magnetic nanoparticles in large quantity”, Journal of Physics D Applied Physics, 46 (2013), 385001.
- C. S. Tiwary, S. Kashyap, K. Chattopadhyay “Effect of Indium addition on microstructural, mechanical and oxidation properties of suction casted Nb-Si eutectic alloy”, Materials Science and Technology, 29 (2013), 702-709.
- Chandrasekhar Tiwary, Akash Verma, Sanjay Kashyap, Krishanu Biswas, and Kamanio Chattopadhyay “Preparation of Free Standing Ultrafine Zn Nanocrystallites by Combined Milling at Cryogenic and Room Temperatures”, Metallurgical and Materials Transactions A, 44 (2013), 1917-1924.
- S. Kashyap and K. Chattopadhyay “Synthesis and phase evolution in Nb/Si multilayers obtained by sequential laser ablation”, Thin Solid Films, 531 (2013), 312-319.
- C. S. Tiwary, S. Kashyap and K. Chattopadhyay “Effect of Mg addition on microstructural, mechanical and environmental properties of Nb-Si eutectic composite”, , Materials Science and Engineering A, 560 (2013), 200-207.
- S. Kashyap, C.S. Tiwary, K. Chattopadhyay “Microstructure and mechanical properties of oxidation resistant suction cast Nb-Si-Al alloy”, Materials Science and Engineering A, 559 (2013), 74-85.
- S. Kashyap, C.S. Tiwary, K. Chattopadhyay “Effect of Gallium on microstructure and mechanical properties of Nb-Si eutectic alloy”, Intermetallic, 19 (2011), 1943-1952.
- K. Narasimha Rao, Sanjay Kashyap “Preparation and characterization of indium oxide and indium tin oxide film by activated reactive evaporation”, Surface Review and Letters, 13 (2006), 221-225.
Selected conferences and Symposiums
- Oral Presentation “A noble technique: in-situ TEM imaging using liquid cell holder in a wet environment”, Sanjay Kashyap, 26th International Symposium on Metastable, Amorphous and Nanostructured Materials (ISMANAM-2019), July 8-12, 2019, Indian Institute of Technology Madras, Chennai, India.
- Oral Presentation “Synthesis and characterization of high γ′ volume fraction tungsten free Co-based superalloy”, Sanjay Kashyap*, Prafull Pandey and K. Chattopadhyay, NMD-ATM 2016, Nov. 11-14, 2016, Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur, India.
- Poster Presentation “Formation of amorphous phase by suppressing the binary intermetallic compound with equiatomic substitution” S. Kashyap*, B. S. Murty. International Conference on Metals and Materials Research, June 20-22, 2016, Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore, India.
- Poster Presentation “Amorphization by destabilization of binary crystalline intermetallic compound with multicomponent equiatomic substitution”, S. Ranganathan, S. Kashyap*, C. Chattopadhyay, A. Takeuchi, Y. Yokoyama and B. S. Murty, High Entropy Alloys: Prospects and Challenges, March 28-29, 2015, Indian Institute of Technology Madras, Chennai, India.
- Poster presentation “In-situ analysis of templated magnetic nanoparticles growth”, by Sanjay Kashyap*, Carmen Valverde-Tercedor, Concepcion Jiménez-Lopez, Dennis A. Bazylinskli, Surya K. Mallapragada, Marit Nilsen-Hamilton, Ruslan Prozorov, Tanya Prozorov, MRS, Nov. 25-30, 2012, Boston, USA.
- Poster presentation “Investigation of formation and crystallization of protein-templated magnetic nanoparticles using in-situ liquid cell scanning transmission electron microscopy”, by Sanjay Kashyap*, Tanya Prozorov, Joint NSRC workshop on nanoparticle science, Nov. 5-6, 2012, Argonne National Lab, Chicago, USA.
- Poster presentation “Stability and phase formation in Nb/Si and Nb/Nb5Si3 multilayers”, by Sanjay Kashyap*, K. Chattopadhyay, International Conference on Electron Nanoscopy & XXXII Annual Meeting of EMSI, July6-8, 2011, Hyderabad, India.
- Oral Presentation “The study of phase formation sequence in Nb/Si multilayers after heat treatment”, by Sanjay Kashyap*, K. Chattopadhyay, 10th International conference on Nanostructured Materials, Sept. 13-17, 2010, Rome, Italy.
- Oral Presentation “Microstructural evolution in Nb-rich Nb-Si alloys during rapid solidification processing” by Sanjay Kashyap*, K. Chattopadhyay, 13th International conference on Rapidly Quenched & Metastable Materials, Aug. 24-29, 2008, Dresden, Germany.
Electron microscopy, in-situ TEM studies in dry and wet environments, microstructure and property correlations in materials, phase transformations in metals and alloys, solidifications, energy materials, new generation alloys, nanostructural materials.